Senior Fundraising Assistant
Sightsavers Ireland has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fundraising Assistant to join and support our growing Individual and Major Giving teams.
Location: Ireland, Dublin 1
Salary: €30,000 per annum
The Senior Fundraising Assistant will provide support to the fundraising team across a range of campaigns and appeals, gaining experience and understanding of a range of fundraising methods and learning how to manage relationships between Sightsavers Ireland and its existing supporters as well as fostering relationships with prospective new donors
About the Role
The Senior Fundraising Assistant will play an integral role in the team, supporting the delivery of significant income on key campaigns to ensure continuous growth for Sightsavers Ireland. They will be required to:
- Develop briefs for high value cash appeals and supporter care mailings.
- Work closely with creative agencies, database teams and supporter care teams.
- Respond to calls, emails, and queries from current and prospective donors.
- Work closely with supporter care on a range of activities.
- Coordinate the transfer of files with key partners.
- Actively call prospective donors.
- Provide support in the implementation of engagement campaigns such as the World Sight Day Abseil and Bright for Sight.
- Identify and research prospective corporate organisations, major donors and trusts/foundations.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Sightsavers Ireland database, ensuring all information is accurate.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- a degree or equivalent experience in a related subject or role
- brilliant communication skills
- a high degree of initiative, flexibility and creativity
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- good analytical skills in order to prioritise and plan opportunities
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a solution-driven approach
- the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of an engaged team.
This is a rewarding, demanding and diverse role and more detail may be found in the job description.
Closing date: 7 March 2021
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in mid- March 2021. Whilst we are currently working from home, once the current restrictions are lifted, the successful applicant will be expected to regularly attend at our offices in Central Dublin.