Sightsavers are recruiting for a new position, a Resource Analyst who will play a vital role within our growing central Planning, Monitoring and Reporting team.
Contract: Permanent / Two Year Fixed Term
Salary: c£38,148 – depending upon experience / Local Terms and Conditions Apply
About the role
Reporting to the Planning and Reporting Manager, the Resource Analyst will be responsible for improving, maintaining and monitoring a range of key financial fund resource activities across the organisation.
Key duties include:
- Fund Balances Management and Monitoring (30%)
- Reconciliations of income proposals
- Allocations of indirect cost recovery from grants
- Allocations of funds and balances
- Ongoing review of spend against restricted income
- Developing regular reporting processes
- Funding Agreement Classifications and Recording (20%)
- Financial Management Framework (FMF) (15%)
- Month End and Year End Financial Processing (20%)
- Other Reporting (15%)
We are looking for an individual with a logical and analytical approach to problem solving. You should have great attention to detail and a willingness to follow issues through to resolution. You will be a part-qualified Accountant (or hold equivalent experience) and have:
- Experience and understanding of development programme management issues preferably with knowledge of the NGO financial environment
- Experience of accounting systems
- Experience of SUN would be advantageous
- Awareness of the overseas development context gained preferably through working in the sector or overseas in a developing country
- Experience and understanding of donor relationships and grant proposal development and management requirements
- The ability to manage and coordinate organisational wide processes and deliver high quality outputs to senior stakeholders
- The ability to plan and work effectively as part of a team
This is an involved role and further details may be found within the job description.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
We anticipate that remote interviews, possibly including an Excel assessment will take place in late March 2021.