Research Coordinator – One Year Fixed Term Contract
Sightsavers has an opportunity for a motivated and passionate Research Coordinator to provide technical, administrative and logistical support to Sightsavers research studies, particularly in the areas of entomological and epidemiological surveys and other NTD research. The post holder will work collaboratively and proactively with the Sightsavers Country Office in Liberia, the Ministry of Health in Liberia, the Sightsavers Research team and other external academic institutions in country and internationally.
This is an ideal role for a junior researcher in the NTD or entomology field looking for experience implementing large pieces of research, which will impact upon NTD control and elimination strategies both nationally and globally. You will ensure that research is implemented smoothly and to international research quality standards. The role will involve developing field guides, data collection and supervision tools based upon existing drafts and protocols. The recruitment and day-to-day management of data collectors and the associated logistics is also an important part of this role.
- You will have a postgraduate degree or equivalent practical training in epidemiology, public health, entomology or a related field
- You understand the key principles and governance of research
- You have demonstrable experience of conducting and managing health research in endemic countries and particular in urban cities
- You have knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- You have knowledge of NTDs and in particular Lymphatic Filariasis
- You have excellent communication and organisational skills
- You can demonstrate knowledge of epidemiology and medical entomology skills, in particular mosquito identification.
- You possess good data management skills using software packages such as R, STATA and XL
- You have experience with ODK-based electronic data collection platforms
- You have fluent English language and possess writing skills to the standard of scientific papers
This is an involved role – please read the job description for further details. Interviews are anticipated to take place in Monrovia in late February/ early March.
How to apply
To apply for this post by email, please download our application form and equal opportunities form and return as two separate documents to [email protected].
We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.
We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
Sightsavers is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of adults at risk and children as a priority. This is reflected in our pre-employment checks and requirement to verify and check the identity and references of all applicants.