Research Associate or Senior Research Associate: Statistics
Sightsavers have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Associate or Senior Research Associate in statistics to join the Sightsavers research team.
Location: Flexible within the UK.
Hours: Flexible, job shares, full time, and part time (ideally at least 4 days per week) all considered.
Salary: £38,000- 50,000 per annum pro rata, dependent on level of experience.
Purpose of role
Sightsavers holds Independent Research Organisation (IRO) status from UK Research and Innovation and are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced individual to provide technical support to our quantitative studies, particularly cross-sectional surveys and randomised controlled trials. You will work alongside other research staff and provide technical inputs into study design, data collection and management, and statistical analysis. You will also work with programme and advocacy colleagues to ensure that complex statistical information is well understood and used in policy and practice, therefore communication skills and the ability to present complex information is crucial to this role.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Research Associate / Senior Research Associate: Statistics
- Postgraduate degree in medical statistics, statistics, epidemiology, or related field with a strong statistical component, or equivalent experience
- Training and experience in advanced statistical analytical techniques (Senior Research Associate would be expected to have considerable experience)
- Experience of developing survey tools and managing large datasets (Senior Research Associate would be expected to have considerable experience)
- Understanding of the key principles and governance of research
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate complex information effectively to a range of stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Experience of contributing to scientific outputs, e.g. peer-reviewed publications
- Experience of writing research grant applications.
- Proficiency in statistical languages appropriate for data handling and statistical analyses eg Stata, R, Python
- Experience designing data collection systems using systems such as CommCare or similar
- Availability to travel – on planned visits, for up to 10 weeks of the year, in sometimes difficult locations, Covid-19 restrictions allowing.
- French or Portuguese language skills
The Research Associate / Senior Research Associate is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description and full details.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 8 August. Successful applicants may be contacted before the closing date.
Interviews are likely to take place beginning to mid August and are likely to consist of a presentation and interview conducted remotely.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply