Regional Finance Manager
Location: West Africa
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract (renewable)
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Purpose of role as Regional Finance Manager, West Africa
Sightsavers are actively recruiting a Regional Finance Manager to cover West Africa region. The postholder will work closely with country offices, Regional Directors and other teams to ensure ongoing financial management and control is working well. They will support country teams in resolving any identified issues and weaknesses and find solutions. The post is critical in working with Country Directors and other regional office staff in the implementation and roll-out of new initiatives aimed at strengthening and streamlining financial and programme management across the continent.
The postholder will support several countries, cost centres and programmes across their region, subject to periodic review and adjustment. The posts requires flexibility in temporarily supporting additional countries and cost centres as and when required.
- Providing technical and operational support to Country Directors, programme and finance & operations staff and country level finance and support services teams.
- Assisting the Head of Finance and Operations – Africa in the development and implementation of strategies and plans to improve financial management and controls across Africa
- Supporting financial planning and forecasting across Africa, working closely with country offices to ensure realistic and accurate financial plans and forecasts are in place.
- Collaborating with global teams and work with country teams to ensure key tools and processes are operating effectively including programme design and inception, PRO reporting, partnership tools and GDP processes.
- Undertaking internal reviews of country offices, programmes, and partners and build capacity, according to agreed internal audit & review programme.
- Periodic coordination of Africa Regional Finance Managers, ensuring continent-wide activities, such as planning and forecasting, external audits, etcetera, are well-managed.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Regional Finance Manager, West Africa
- Relevant financial / business qualification (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, MBA) or equivalent experience
- Considerable experience with proven track record in finance management roles preferably with some experience of working within the international development sector
- Experience of managing and influencing teams across a wide and diverse geography
- Strong operational management experience with track record of successful implementation
- Change management
- Robust financial management
- Excellent audit experience
- Senior stakeholder management experience and relationship building skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent command of French
- Previous experience in a similar regional role within an INGO
Regional Finance Manager, West Africa is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
We intend to conduct interviews the week commencing 6 June onwards. The interview process will consist of a written task followed by a two-stage interview process.
As an equal opportunity employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply please use Sightsavers web site and click on apply here. All applications must be in English. Please detail all your relevant professional experience within the application form.
How to apply
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.