NTDs Programme Officer (12 month fixed term contract)
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Salary: Local terms & conditions apply
Sightsavers are looking for the right candidate to ensure the planned implementation of NTDs projects in Cote d’Ivoire. They will have to work within budget, implemented to the agreed project schedule and to be within the timelines proposed by collaborating with partners.
Responsibilities for the position of NTDs Programme Officer:
Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Manager, the NTDs Programme Officer will be in charge of:
- Supporting the Senior Programme Manager and MOH partners in programme implementation
- Ensuring programmes supervision / monitoring
- Supporting the Senior Programme Manager in the management of partnership issues
- Planning and ensuring the implementation of programme activities
- Collaborating with the Finance & Support Service Manager in programme budgets implementation
Required qualification for the position of NTDs Programme Officer
- Public health Physician or holder of high education diploma (master’s degree minimum)
in the following disciplines: Medicine, Biology, Eye health, Development related studies.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience (or equivalent) in programmes and projects management, preferably in NGOs environment
- Have good skills in the elaboration (writing) of activity report
- Have a good qualification in monitoring and evaluation of projects / programmes
- Good communication skills (writing and speaking)
- Knowledge in computer usage related (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Have ability to understand and work with budgets and financial provisions
- Fluency in English (writing and speaking) will be an advantage
N.B: Applications should be submitted in English
Deadline for applications submission: June 17th, 2018
How to apply
To apply for this post by email, please download our application form and equal opportunities form and return as two separate documents to email@example.com.
We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.
We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
Sightsavers is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of adults at risk and children as a priority. This is reflected in our pre-employment checks and requirement to verify and check the identity and references of all applicants.