NTD Technical Manager x2 (Oncho/LF and SCH/STH)
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role
Sightsavers are currently seeking two NTD Technical Managers to provide technical support for the Onchocerciasis, Lymphatic Filariasis, Schistosomiasis, and Soil transmitted Helminths Programmes implemented by the Sightsavers supported States and downstream partners supported by Sightsavers.
They will work closely with the NTD MEL Manager, Country Trachoma Coordinator, NTD programme teams, Sightsavers Global Technical leads, as well as implementing partners to ensure the delivery of the programme targets and monitoring of programme activities.
As the NTD Technical Manager you will work with the state teams to ensure quality assurance for all SCH/STH and Oncho/LF NTD programmes and ensure the implementation of high-quality surveys and assessments in line with the Sightsavers NTD strategy and survey quality assurance standards and practices.
Other key duties and accountabilities include:
- Lead on collating, editing, and writing a core package of survey support materials, including technical protocol templates, SOPs for survey teams and PowerPoint training materials to be used for training of survey teams.
- Make sure the core survey support packages are aligned to minimum internal Sightsavers and World Health Organisation (WHO) quality standards.
- Support robust monitoring and reporting systems for Oncho/LF MDA and SCH/STH and Surveys and ensure lessons learned are actioned in a programmatically relevant time frame.
- Work with the Technical advisors for Onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis, Schistosomiasis, and Soil transmitted Helminths, and the global Sightsavers NTD technical team to make sure that where needed, the survey and assessment packages can be tailored to meet the national guidelines in country.
- Ensure timely evidence-based reports and updates are developed and delivered promptly.
- Provide support to the NTD technical team to update and maintain accurate records in the survey tracker.
- Attend and actively participate in the NCO NTD Technical departmental meetings.
- Represent Sightsavers at external events when appropriate.
- Assist the state programme teams to identify opportunities for operational research and support the conduct of research ideas conceptualised.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
As the successful candidate you will have similar work experience, or posses a Post graduate Degree in Public Health, Biological Sciences, or related disciplines. You will have a successful track record of working in different contexts, have experience designing and delivering training to survey personnel, and have Technical knowledge of one or more of the five PCT NTDs.
- Direct experience and/or qualifications in transmission, control or prevention of onchocerciasis and/or lymphatic filariasis.
- Direct experience implementing SCH/STH surveys
- Ability to think strategically and effectively translate technical concepts into action plans and SOPs.
- Demonstrably skills in both written and verbal communication in English.
- Excellent analytical and IT skills.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for all.
Closing date: 14 August 2022
You application will be considered for both opportunities.
We anticipate that interviews will take place from the week commencing 22 August 2022 onwards and the evaluation process will include a first and second stage interview.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.