NTD Data and Reporting Officer
The Data and Reporting Officer will support Sightsavers staff locally and internationally to plan, report and document the programme data across Sightsavers’ Neglected Tropical Diseases programme portfolio, focusing predominantly on the Ascend programme.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract to March 2022
Salary: £30,000 – £33,000 per annum
Location: Due to Covid-19 restrictions this will be a remote role and flexible working will be considered. Occasional travel to Haywards Heath office will be required.
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (Ascend) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme significantly contributing to the control and elimination of five Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) in 13 countries of west and central Africa. Sightsavers is the lead supplier for Ascend West & Central Africa and is responsible for its overall delivery of Ascend.
The NTD Data and Reporting Officer is a highly involved role working across multiple countries and projects. You will be responsible for the planning, reporting and documenting of Ascend programme data, as well as other NTD programmes within Sightsavers, including specific project coordination responsibilities across some of the smaller NTD projects. This role would therefore suit someone with experience of managing data for multiple projects across various international locations.
NTD Data and Reporting Officer responsibilities include:
- Manage programme reporting across Sightsavers’ NTD portfolio, in collaboration with field, technical and head office colleagues
- Collate and quality check programme data
- Provide training and support on data reporting to Sightsavers country offices and external stakeholders
- Align learning, documentation and reporting systems across the Ascend programme with broader Sightsavers systems, national NTD initiatives and emerging mHealth systems
- Manage output data maintained within the MyCLAIMS system for both Sightsavers and Ascend consortium partners
- Manage data sources and develop and support data visualisations using PowerBI and other data tools
- Management of district datasets to ensure accurate reporting of geographic data
- Provide direct programme support to country teams on the roll out of integrated NTD activities
- Ensure all interventions uphold a commitment to gender, equity, social inclusion, value for money and sustainability
As NTD Data and Reporting Officer, you will have:
- A Degree in Statistics, Information Systems, International Development or appropriate equivalent, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience of data analysis, data management and the manipulation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience of supporting staff internationally
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Able to facilitate group-training sessions, with a focus on programme systems and data, building capacity in developing country contexts
- Advanced Excel skills
- Availability to travel up to six weeks a year
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Public Health, International Relations, Geography or appropriate equivalent
- Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese
- A successful track record of working in multiple country projects, preferable within NTDs or the public health sector
- Experience of using visual analytics software such as Microsoft Power BI.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.
Closing date: 29 November 2020
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.