Monitoring and Evaluations Officer
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Sightsavers Guinea Bissau Country Office is currently seeking a Monitoring and Evaluations Officer to ensure that that information from monitoring and evaluation and other assessments are used to inform on project implementation and to support the Programme team to develop a detailed programme monitoring plan and to use it to guide programme management. The role requires field trips in all health regions within Guinea Bissau, as well as some international travel when possible.
As the Monitoring and Evaluations Officer you will be responsible for providing feedback on NTDs elimination activities and submission of required deliverables to the Guinea Bissau Country Office. You will support the Programme team to monitor and implement appropriate action to improve efficiency and quality of programme implementation, manage monitoring and evaluation systems and structures, ensure timely submission of reports, and facilitate and participate in regular monitoring of on-going activities in close coordination with the NYTDs Programme Officers.
Further duties include;
- Work with the Country Office Programme team and other collaborating agencies to ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and disseminated.
- Support the Country Office Programme team to proactively analyse and submit NTDs data
- Work with key stakeholders and undertake regular visits to the regions, districts communities to oversee and ensure quality and efficiency of monitoring activities
- Support the NTD team of the Ministry of Health to develop and use quality standard indicators/checklist during monitoring visits
- Support the NTD team of the Ministry of Health and regional health teams in monitoring drugs and other NTDs supplies inventories and balances in the regions, districts and communities
- Support the Ministry of Health and participate in conducting treatment coverage surveys, treatment assessment surveys (TAS), Pre-TAS, project baseline surveys
- Represent the programme office on monitoring and evaluation issues at relevant government and other partners in Guinea Bissau.
As the successful candidate you will hold a degree (or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, or related disciplines. You will have technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading NTDs, possess experience in managing an integrated NTDs programme in Guinea Bissau, have experience in a similar role, be knowledgeable of the Guinea Bissau health systems, and have a record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes. Fluency in English is essential for this role.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description here for further details
Closing date: 7 March 2021
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.