Legacy Administration Manager
Sightsavers are recruiting for a new position, a Legacy Administration Manager who will play a vital role within our growing in-house Legacy Administration team.
Contract: Permanent, Full time – with some flexibility
Each year Sightsavers receives over £10m from gifts in the wills of our generous supporters. Administering these gifts sensitively and professionally is vital for us to continue to grow this key income stream and eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities through our work.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Legacy Administration, the Legacy Administration Manager will manage and operate the administration of all legacies received by Sightsavers in the UK and Ireland, liaising with Executors, Solicitors, Trust Corporations, together with Legacy Managers/ Officers at other charities. Key duties include:
- managing and developing our small, dedicated legacy team
- maximising potential funds for Sightsavers, whilst protecting the reputation of the charity.
- optimising the collection of legacy income in line with current legal frameworks
- complying with internal and external audit and compliance requirements in relation to legacy administration
- providing a legal and advisory service through the Head of Function
- maintaining all case documentation and records
- responsibility for and managing of the Legacy Officer
We are looking for an individual with outstanding customer service and strong technical and influencing skills as well as bags of tact and diplomacy and a team ethos. You will have:
- previous experience in Charity Legacy Management or equivalent areas of specialism in the legal sector, ideally with managerial responsibility with the Institute of Legacy Management Certificate CICLA (Certificate in Charity Legacy Administration), STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) qualification or equivalent
- demonstrable experience of working in a senior position in the legacy department of a charity or Probate department of a firm of Solicitors, Bank or Trust Corporation.
- good finance and accounting knowledge, particularly estate accounts, investment management and share valuations.
- strong knowledge of relevant Charity Law legislation.
- strong knowledge of relevant Probate and Trust Law and procedures.
- working knowledge of the Data Protection Act
This is an involved role and further details may be found within the job description.
The team are all currently working from home but once the offices reopen, our expectation is that we will need the successful candidate to be able to travel to the offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW) at least one day per week. It’s an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in late March 2021.