Information Security Analyst
Sightsavers is looking for an Information Security Analyst – a key role within our Information Security team to help us ensure the safety and privacy of critical data.
Salary: £29,000 – £35,000 depending upon experience
Location: UK remote – with very occasional travel to Haywards Heath, when required
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and lots of home working
Sightsavers is an international development charity and its UK offices are in Haywards Heath, West Sussex. Sightsavers works with partners to treat and prevent avoidable blindness and promote equality for people with visual impairments and other disabilities. Sightsavers employs over 900 people across 30 countries. We are committed to inclusion and diversity and provide a positive and supportive place to work.
About the role
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst to help us protect our sensitive information from unauthorised activities and disruption or destruction. Information and its security is vital and central to Sightsavers’ work. You will join at an exciting time for the information security team at Sightsavers as the organisation expands the reach and complexity of its projects. A major part of this role will be to monitor for and react to cyber threats that may impact Sightsavers and assist with the deployment of appropriate mitigations. Key duties will include:
- Security monitoring of Sightsavers cyber security systems including Microsoft Azure and Cloud services, Endpoint Detection and Response
- Ensuring that all Sightsavers systems and endpoints are maintained to the required standards on security and availability to meet ongoing requirements around cyber security, donor requirements and relevant industry standards
- Backup monitoring
- Firewall monitoring
- Vulnerability management
- Privileged access management utilising BeyondTrust and Microsoft Azure
- Email monitoring
- Change management
- Maintaining system documentation
- Assisting the wider Information Systems (IS) function in system design
This is a varied role and full details can be found in the job description
This is an ideal opportunity to either utilise your existing IS experience or to make your first move into this focused area. We are open to applications from candidates with a wide range of experience but as a minimum you will need to be able to demonstrate your commitment to ensuring the safety and privacy of critical data and the consequences of security incidents including theft of information, data tampering and data deletion. You will also need to have a basic understanding of the principles of information security; confidentiality, integrity and availability and excellent customer care skills. We are also keen to receive applications from candidates with more experience. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above including Maths and English and an ‘A’ Level standard of education or equivalent
- Experience of relevant hardware and peripherals
- Experience of providing high quality customer support
- Experience of working within a project team
- Experience of providing exceptional communication
- Ability to work as a part of a team with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Able to lift and handle IT equipment
- An understanding of and commitment to inclusivity of all persons
You might also have the following:
- Experience of providing international support for users from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds
- Relevant vocational/technical qualifications or further education e.g. ISC2, CompTIA, BSc or equivalent (desirable)
- Knowledge of and supporting various Microsoft products in a multi-Geo Tenant
- Thorough understanding of computer-related security systems including firewalls, cryptography, and password protection and authentication
- An understanding of Cyber Essentials, ISO72001, and PCI DSS
- Additional languages (desirable)
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance and the opportunity to buy more, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. If you choose to work in or are visiting our collaborative, modern office space, you will find it an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our modern and collaborative offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW) perhaps 4-6 times per year.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in mid-October and the evaluation process will include a role-specific assessment.
How to apply
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.