Individual Giving Fundraiser
Location: UK with hybrid working Contract: Permanent Salary: £33,000 to £39,000
Purpose of role Individual Giving Executive
This role working in the Individual Giving team will be responsible for identifying and attracting new Individual Givers to support Sightsavers programmes via printed, broadcast and digital media. The Acquisition team are looking for an experienced fundraiser to join them on a permanent full time basis.
About the role of Individual Giving Executive
An experienced fundraiser or direct marketeer with a passion for delivering first class campaigns/ direct marketing across the UK and Norway would be ideally suited to this role. With proven experience in achieving effective campaigns to drive the enrolment of new recruits and build a long-term income pipeline to meet the objectives of the overall programme.
Accountabilities for the role might include and not limited to:
- Implementation of direct response marketing campaigns across an integrated programme of supporter recruitment, to generate ongoing income from Individual Givers at acquisition point
- Working with internal stakeholders and Fundraising teams to brief campaigns, track and analyse campaign results
- Managing individual budgets and monthly reforecasts related to expenditure and income targets
- Building strong relationships with external suppliers
- Ensuring all supporter communications are consistent with Sightsavers brand and messaging
Knowledge, skills and experience for Individual Giving Executive
- Excellent written and spoken communication, planning and organisation
- Fluent spoken and written English
- An influencer and negotiator with strong project management knowledge and experience
- A track record in successful delivery of direct marketing campaigns to a mass audience
- Previous experience managing insert campaigns, creating direct response TV adverts
- Managing relationships with creative teams and media buying agencies
- Strong knowledge of production techniques, formats and quality control
- A wealth of knowledge on ‘test and learn’ approach to DM campaigns and devising and analysing performance indicators for fundraising campaigns
- Knowledgeable around direct marketing/data protection regulations and legislation
- An understanding of and commitment to equality and inclusion
Previous experience in a similar role within international development
Managing DRTV campaigns
The Individual Giving Executive is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 20 February onwards. This will be a two-stage interview process. The first stage will be a virtual interview with the hiring panel, successful candidates will then be invited to a face to face interview at the Head Office in Haywards Heath. We reserve the right to change this process where required.
As an equal opportunity Employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please go to our web site and click on the Apply Here icon.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.
In line with its commitment to safe programming and recruitment, Sightsavers participates in the inter-agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS) administered by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. Through collaboration with other MDS members, Sightsavers aims to ensure that there are no sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment issues relating to potential new hires and that we can respond systematically to checks from fellow MDS members. This ensures our work is accountable, delivered to a high standard and supports safeguarding across the development and humanitarian fields.