Implementation Manager (Integrated NTDs/ WASH/ BCC)
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme, which will make a significant contribution to the control and elimination of the 5 PC NTDs across 13 countries. Sightsavers is the lead supplier and responsible for overall delivery in line with contractual agreements within a consortium structure.
Sightsavers is recruiting for an Implementation Manager to provide coordination and technical support on Integrated NTDs, behaviour change and the WASH components to designated countries implementing ASCEND activities.
About the role
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing programme support utilising ASCEND management and programme implementation tools and protocols
- Ensuring alignment and consistency of activities across partners and countries;
- Facilitating the delivery of capacity building support to government and implementing partners
- Enabling the deployment of timely, appropriate technical assistance and capacity building support within designated countries
- Providing content for communications, knowledge innovation and learning teams
- Aligning learning, documentation and reporting systems with designated countries to that adopted across the ASCEND programme
- Supporting countries in the production of context specific landscape analyses
- Coordinating and provide support to countries in the use of the WASH NTD Data tool
- Reviewing partner documents for technical appropriateness and accuracy.
The ideal candidate for the Implementation Manager role will have a Masters in public health or other development related field such as Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) or Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). You will also need substantial management experience working within in the public health field, knowledge and experience of BCC programming in the context of NTD elimination/ control.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description for further details.
Interviews: Week commencing 1st July 2019
How to apply
To apply for this post by email, please download our application form and equal opportunities form and return as two separate documents to [email protected].
We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.
We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
Sightsavers is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of adults at risk and children as a priority. This is reflected in our pre-employment checks and requirement to verify and check the identity and references of all applicants.