Global Campaign Officer
Salary: c£32,000 per annum
Location: UK (remote working) – with occasional travel to Haywards Heath, when required
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked
About the role
Sightsavers are currently seeking a Global Campaign Officer to support the delivery of Sightsavers’ policy campaign (Equal World) and the Global Campaigns Manager and Senior Global Campaigns Officer in the development and communication of Sightsavers policy campaign to external audiences through digital campaigning platforms. The Global Campaign Officer will also contribute to national and global policy change as it relates to global and national campaign strategies.
Further duties as the Global Campaign Officer will include;
- Collaborating with the Head of Global Campaigns, the Global Campaigns Manager and Senior Global Campaigns Officer contribute to the delivery of a creative, ambitious, campaign vision for Sightsavers that influences national governments, political parties and policymakers to deliver policy change at national and international level(s).
- Support the development of strategic campaigning tools, approaches, supporter journeys and materials in line with the campaign’s key objectives in collaboration with the Senior Global Campaigns Officer, Global Campaigns Manager and communications colleagues.
- Design and manage email journeys from beginning to end, including setting objectives, defining testing, drafting copy, building emails (including multiple versions if required), data, dispatch, analysis and feedback.
- Work with colleagues in the digital fundraising and online teams to implement an ongoing AB and multivariate testing programme across websites, emails and digital advertising to optimise the organisation’s digital objectives.
- Represent Sightsavers to external stakeholders including decision makers and NGOs when required.
- Work closely with the communications team to raise the profile of Sightsavers campaign messages and help position Sightsavers as a campaigning organisation.
- Work with members of policy, advocacy, campaign, communications and the events teams to ensure the delivery of campaign events, as appropriate to support influencing campaigning and activity.
As the Global Campaign Officer, and order to succeed in this role, you will haver experience in project management, be able to represent the organisation to external bodies, possess strong presentation skills, and be able to deal with complex multifaceted issues.
Key requirements for the role include;
- Knowledge and experience of campaigning for policy change
- A proven track record of working within a team to deliver campaign strategies that achieve high level policy change .
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with a wide range of campaigning techniques, including online and offline public mobilisation and recruitment.
- Experience of equipping audiences, including global audiences, with the tools needed to engage with campaign activities including campaign actions Experience of using digital campaigning tools and platforms, such as Engaging Networks.
- Experience building, sending and analysing emails through an email marketing or digital campaigning platform.
- Experience of building, updating and analysing web content using a content management system. (Experience of using WordPress an advantage)
- Experience using VWO (or similar AB testing tools), Photoshop and Google Analytics an advantage.
This is a varied role, please read the full job description for further details. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. If you choose to work in or are visiting our collaborative, modern office space, you will find it an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our modern and collaborative offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW).
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place on the week commencing 17 October 2022 and the evaluation process will include a Task and an oral interview.
How to apply
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.