Global Advocacy Monitoring Adviser
Salary: £36,000 – £49,000
Purpose of role
The post-holder will work to progress and strengthen Sightsavers work in advocacy monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and learning. They will influence and engage decision makers on areas of data policy including but not restricted to inclusive data and the Sustainable Development Goals. The postholder will provide expert technical guidance to Policy and Global Advocacy (PGA), working closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team and Sightsavers Country Offices on monitoring, evaluation and learning from an influencing and advocacy perspective.
About the role of Global Advocacy Monitoring Adviser
The role forms an integral part of maintaining and growing Sightsavers profile as a leader in this sector. The postholder will develop forums for knowledge share related to what works while identifying challenges faced by multiple countries; managing interactions between the Policy and Global Advocacy (PGA) and Research teams ensuring Sightsavers uses evidence generated through research in our national advocacy.
- The post-holder will lead on data advocacy, supporting country offices’ influencing on inclusive data, integration of eye health in Health Management Information Systems, and other priorities.
- The role is also key in ensuring advocacy input to the MEL (Monitoring Evaluation and Learning) Community of Practice, collaborating with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team. The aim is to further integrate advocacy within Sightsavers MEL systems, complementing work already done by the MEL team, avoiding developing duplicate systems and approaches.
Principal areas the person is accountable for:
- Developing and supporting systems for collecting, managing and analysing information about national advocacy
- Influencing policy at global and national levels regarding issues of data and monitoring
- Leading PGA engagement with evaluations and learning on what works and what can be improved and developed
Knowledge, skills and experience for Global Advocacy Monitoring Adviser
- Relevant academic qualifications gained within Social Science or related area
- Proven track record as an advocacy professional within international non- governmental organisations (INGO’s)
- Proven track record representing non-governmental organisations (NGO’s) at a strategic level within advocacy and data analysis
- Significant experience of monitoring, evaluation, and learning within an INGO context
- Experienced working with data management information systems and applying data analysis/statistical techniques to data
- Ability to understand and use statistics in communication with government stakeholders
- Specific experience of human rights advocacy at national, regional, and international levels
- Influential and tenacious in achieving key objectives
- Expertise in building staff capacities to develop and deliver effective advocacy monitoring strategies
- Knowledge of current issues and best practice in development particularly in advocacy monitoring and evaluation
- Occasional travel to other Country Offices
The Global Advocacy Monitoring Adviser is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Virtual interviews are likely to take place week commencing 6 June 2022. This will be a two stage interview process and will likely fall over two weeks.
Sightsavers is unable to sponsor visas. Please note you will need to have ongoing right to work in the country office where this opportunity is available.
As an equal opportunity Employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please use our web site to apply for this opportunity by clicking on the Apply Here icon. Please apply in English only. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying alongside your professional experience within this field.
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.