Fundraising Manager – Acquisition
Sightsavers is looking for a Fundraising Manager – a vital role within our motivated team to help lead on the development and implementation of acquisition campaigns and be responsible for growing and maximising tax income in the Irish market.
Salary: €50,331 to €60,000 depending upon experience
Location: Dublin 1
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and some home working
About the role
Everything that we do is geared towards a world where avoidable blindness has been eliminated, and people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else. We are looking for a Fundraising Manager to optimize our acquisition campaigns including online activities. The Fundraising Manager will lead in the delivery of effective and accountable campaigns that maximise supporter recruitment and long-term income growth for Sightsavers. The role will involve working on exciting and complex projects with difference partners and agencies. Key duties will include:
- Participating in the development of the Individual Giving plan and optimising the long-term profitability of campaigns as an integral part of the overall Individual Giving plan.
- Leading on the implementation of all online campaigns, including the campaigns via social media, and virtual events
- Leading on the creation and implementation of the insert campaigns, both to recruit cash donors and regular givers.
- Coordinate the media buying activities with our current media partners and monitoring the Irish media landscape to optimize the performance of our campaigns
- Leading on all activities regarding the tax efficient giving program, growing the number of eligible donors
- Together with the Head of Individual Giving and the broader team, developing and implementing a new, efficient and engaging donor journey that will increase our donor loyalty and help Sightsavers Ireland become and remain the favourite charity of our donors.
- Working closely with and managing external partners and agencies
- Customising global creative marketing material for use in the Irish Market.
- Liaison with the Global Individual Giving Team, including Database and Digital and Communications teams so that results reporting can be conducted effectively and accurately.
This is a brilliantly varied role and further details may be found in the job description
This is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial fundraising manager with a real eye for detail. You’ll be comfortable running complex projects whilst growing income and be inspired by making Sightsavers the preferred charity of our donors. You’ll be capable of translating issues from the poorest parts of the world into fundraising activities in Ireland. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrable individual fundraising experience with a proven track record of generating substantial amounts of unrestricted income
- The ability to take multiple campaigns forward at the same time without losing track of deadlines and quality requirements
- Experience of working with Excel and databases to extract and analyse data
- Experience of budget development and management
- Experience of managing and developing creative materials and liaising with print and media agencies
- Experience in digital fundraising, a good understanding in social media
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Our passionate and positive team contributes to a really supportive work environment. We can offer some flexibility around working hours, but this is a full-time role with a requirement to be in our Dublin 1 offices once or twice a week. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, cycle to work scheme and wellness discounts.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in late May 2022 and the evaluation process will include a presentation to be completed by shortlisted candidates in advance of this.
How to apply
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.