Finance and Support Services Manager – Two Year Fixed Term Contract
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance and Support Services Manager to join our team to monitor the country resource management and identify risks or issues to the Country Director.
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Reporting to the Country Director (CD) and Regional Finance and Support Services Manager (RFSSM) you will be responsible for supervising the development, coordination and management of the Finance and Administration functions, working closely with colleagues, partners and third parties in order to identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
The role will involve:
- Ensure competent financial management and risk mitigation by compliance with local regulations and adhering to the organisational Financial Framework
- Leading in providing support services to the country including procurement management, delivering or overseeing administrative functions i.e. payroll and ensuring IT equipment functions
- Working collaboratively with programme and finance teams to support and strengthen the financial management, accountability and capacity building of partners
- Supporting finance and programme teams with joint reviews of programme/project reports, planning and analysis
- Supporting proper financial and resource management of programmes with the joint review of project planning and monitoring reports, auditing of funds provided, analysis of programme delivery and grant management reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant professional accounting qualification or degree in Finance or Accounting together with extensive working experience ideally gained within an INGO environment. Experience of audit and government organisations would also be advantageous.
This role will play a vital part within the Country Office Management Team. Extensive experience in financial management, programme/project management and administration will be extremely useful as will project financial management, budget and data analysis skills. You will need to have excellent communication skills (both oral & written) and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
This is an involved role and further details may be found in the job description.
How to apply
To apply for this post by email, please download our application form and equal opportunities form and return as two separate documents to [email protected].
We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.
We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
Sightsavers is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of adults at risk and children as a priority. This is reflected in our pre-employment checks and requirement to verify and check the identity and references of all applicants.