Digital Asset Manager
Sightsavers is looking for a highly organised and collaborative Digital Asset Manager to manage our vast library of content, which we’re constantly adding to and archiving
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 – depending upon experience
Location: UK remote – with occasional travel to Haywards Heath, when required
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and some home working
About the role
Sightsavers has recently established a new creative team in the campaigns and communications directorate, bringing story gathering and content production together. The team has responsibility for developing creative concepts and content in response to communications briefs, supporting the organisation with video and editorial services, and sourcing photography, video, audio and written stories from projects across Africa and South Asia. This work generates a huge volume of multimedia digital assets which need to be readily available and easily searchable by everyone in the organisation. We’ve just moved to a new digital asset management system which requires an ongoing process of training and development.
We are looking for a Digital Asset Manager to be responsible for embedding and maintaining our new digital asset management system (Asset Bank), offering training and support to teams using and uploading assets. You’ll work closely with content producers and story collectors to develop workflows for editing and adding new content, and you’ll maintain high tagging and ethical standards to ensure all available content is suitable for external use.
As digital asset manager you’ll inspire staff with available content, finding creative ways to make the organisation aware of the assets the team is producing. Key duties will include:
- Asset preparation, upload and categorisation – maintaining consistency and quality across systems
- Asset promotion
- System development and maintenance
- System support and training
- Cross team collaboration and learning
We’re looking for an organised individual with great communication skills. You’ll need to be able to make strategic decisions and plans for optimising and promoting the system and its contents, but you won’t shy away from getting stuck into the day to day of preparing and managing content.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience of managing and developing a large-scale digital asset management system, preferably in an international NGO
- Knowledge of Asset Bank highly desirable
- Proven experience of organising a wide array of assets and associated information at a high level
- Proven understanding of digital image asset workflow and processes
- Proven experience of improving systems
- Proven experience of gathering and implementing user feedback
- Good analytics and reporting skills
- Excellent understanding of consent processes for image use
- Solid knowledge of GDPR
- Good understanding of user experience principles
- Proven experience of delivering training
- Knowledge and understanding of digital file formats (image, video, etc) and media usage rights terminology
- Ability to identify the qualities of good images and stories
- Excellent awareness of content ethics, in the context of international development
- Experience of Microsoft Sharepoint highly desirable
Please see the job description for further details
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. If you choose to work in or are visiting our collaborative, modern office space, you will find it an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our modern and collaborative offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW)
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in late May/ early June 2022 and the evaluation process will include a role-specific task to be completed by shortlisted candidates in advance of this.
How to apply
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.