Developmental Evaluation Technical Expert
Sightsavers is looking for a Technical Expert in Developmental Evaluation to work with us on a consultancy basis and ensure the successful completion of a developmental evaluation project in Kogi State, Nigeria by building the capacity of the project’s in-country consultant and Sightsavers’ Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to undertake developmental evaluations.
Sightsavers is in the process of appointing an in-country evaluation consultant to undertake the developmental evaluation for this project. The in-country consultant will be an experienced evaluation consultant, however, based on a recent evaluation skills scoping exercise that Sightsavers undertook in Nigeria, the in-country consultant is likely to have limited knowledge and experience of developmental evaluation and adaptive management. Therefore, Sightsavers seeks to appoint a developmental evaluation technical expert to provide remote support and guidance to the in-country consultant and Sightsavers’ MEL team in conducting this developmental evaluation.
The project: Piloting an Inclusive Health Approach to Improve Quality and Equity in Access to Eye Care Services for Women and Men with Disabilities in Kogi State, Nigeria is anticipated to have a duration of 24 months with an additional inception period of 6 months. We anticipate that the Developmental Evaluation Technical Expert will provide 20 days remote support throughout the project with the majority of this guidance being provided between November 2020 and January 2021 (during the inception period) although it will be ongoing throughout the project.
Full details of the project, Scope of Work, Outputs/ Deliverables and budgets can be found within the Terms of Reference
Specific activities will include:
- Supporting Sightsavers to appoint a suitable in-country consultant
- Assessing the needs of the appointed in-country consultant based on their CV/s, experience, draft evaluation inception report, evaluation requirements, programme and project documentation
- Developing and implementing capacity building and advisory plan for the in-country consultant and MEL team based on the needs assessment
- Working with the in-country consultant to finalise the evaluation inception report and ensuring the in-country consultant is clear and confident in executing the proposed plan
- Supporting and advising the in-country consultant to execute the plan and make adjustments based upon the implementation of the project
- Providing feedback to the MEL team on a periodic basis on progress of the contract, learnings and advice in executing developmental evaluations
- Completing a close out report including recommendations
Please note, there is no travel involved in this consultancy, all support will be provided remotely.
How to express your interest:
To express your interest to undertake this assignment, please complete our Expression of Interest (EoI) and Budget Form which can be found via the application link and return to [email protected]
Interested bidders are also requested to attach an example of previous similar work.
We anticipate that interviews will be held on 10 November and 17 November 2020 and the agreement signed by the end of November 2020.
Expressions of interest should only be made using the EOI Form