Data Collection, Management and Analysis for the Kenya ECDE trial.
Sightsavers are inviting qualified individuals to express their interest in supporting data collection, management and analysis fieldwork for the Kenya Early Childhood Development and Education trial for a period of six months on a part time basis.
Location: Kenya. Ideally in Nairobi but this is flexible. Regular travel to Homa Bay and Kakuma required.
Contract: Over a 6 month period, part time / flexible.
Rate: to be discussed between Sightsavers and the Consultant
Start date: Likely to be early September 2021, dependent on Covid-19 restrictions
This consultancy will provide expert technical support in data collection, development and management of data systems and databases for the study. The consultant will develop, implement and maintain rigorous data protocols of data collection and management insuring the timeliness, accuracy, integrity and safety of data. The consultant will design and develop data management systems and analysis plans for the collection and management, and analysis of data. This will include developing and maintaining standard STATA programs to ensure accurate and consistent presentation of data to meet data reporting needs. In this capacity, the consultant must be very familiar with the management and analysis of longitudinal datasets.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A master’s degree in biostatistics, mathematics, epidemiology, surveillance, data management or related field is required, or equivalent applied experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data management, quality assurance and statistical analysis methods.
- Demonstrable applied quantitative analysis experience.
- Advanced computer programming skills including STATA, SAS, SQL, EpiInfo and other software packages used for data management and analysis.
- Must be able to and have experience of interpreting data from study results and communicating findings, both verbally and in writing.
- Extensive demonstrable experience in data management and statistical data analysis and reporting.
Please note that as this role has a safeguarding element to it, a valid police check will be required for the successful candidate. Please feel free to include any costs related to this in the Budget Template.
A detailed scope of work which sets out the deliverables will be developed.
The contractual period for delivery of services will be 3-months, which will be spread over a 6-month period.
To be discussed between Sightsavers and the Consultant. Please complete a Budget Template using the below link. As appropriate, Sightsavers will cover cost of in-country accommodation and food, and travel within Kenya.
Closing date: Sunday 1 August at 10pm
Interviews are likely to take place in mid-August
To Express your interest in this work:
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage expressions of interest from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
To express your interest and for full details of the work please click Apply Here