Campaign Social and Media Lead
Salary: £33,000 – £37,000 depending on experience
Purpose of role
Our Social Media team have a great opportunity for a talented campaign and social media professional to join their smart team. The role sits within the organisation’s Campaigning and Communications Directorate, delivering creative and effective social media communications to support campaigning, brand awareness and fundraising activities.
About the role of Campaign Social and Media Lead
The post-holder will manage social media communications and support media objectives for the Equal World campaign, in line with channel approaches and wider campaign strategy. This will involve engaging with and growing a global community of active disability inclusion campaigners online, using creative social media executions, media outreach and influencer engagement tactics to deliver policy campaign objectives. They will support the broader inclusion communications strategy through social media and media work, ensuring Sightsavers channels’ campaign comms showcase our disability inclusion work to date.
Key areas of focus:
- Sightsavers social media strategy for the Equal World Campaign
- Facilitation and stewardship of the Equal World Facebook group
- Growth of user generated social to drive conversation around campaigns
- Reporting on, analysing, tracking trends within social media to enhance inclusion-led social media to drive the campaign
- Deliver reactive social media to support the campaign and bring it to the attention of new audiences by responding to external moments/trending
- Manage the production of social media posts and identify opportunities for user-generated social to drive conversation around the campaign.
- Identifying media stories and opportunities to promote the Equal World campaign through organic media outreach
- Managing relationships and story sharing with news outlets on a regular basis. Proactively identify stories from the organisation that could work for these and propose them to media officers/managers for discussion
- Identify opportunities for content collection and creation, developing briefs with the Content and Stories team to source content for channel
- Support content production for other digital platforms as needed and agreed with your line manager (e.g. blogs, website news stories, social media toolkits).
Knowledge, skills and experience for Campaign Social and Media Lead
- Previous experience in a similar level social media and/or digital campaigning role
- Excellent communication and creative skills.
- Experience in writing for social/digital media and using image/video editing tools.
- Experience of media outreach activities and monitoring the external media landscape for reporting purposes
- Fluent in English
- Can use their own initiative and work independently as well as in a team.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Able to work flexibly to ensure timelines are met
- Can effectively assist project management and deliver against deadlines
The Campaign Social and Media Lead is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Interviews are likely to take place during the week commencing 6 June 2022, but may be delayed. Candidates will be asked to complete a task when they are invited to interview.
As an equal opportunity employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for the opportunity please use our web site and click on the Apply Here icon. Please complete your application in English and detail all relevant professional experience within the application form.
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.