Apprentice Travel Coordinator
Sightsavers is looking for a proactive and organised Apprentice Travel Coordinator to work within our busy travel team, arranging flights, ground travel and accommodation for our employees and consultants across the world.
Salary: £15,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Contract length: 15 month Fixed Term Contract
Advanced Level 3
Anticipated start date: 24 October 2022
Sightsavers is looking for an Apprentice Travel Coordinator to support the busy Travel team. You will learn about all aspects of group and individual travel and take on responsibility for the travel needs of a range of Sightsavers employees and external partners across our programme countries and within the UK. An important part of the role is making sure that you arrange travel that is cost effective, we are a charity and we need to maximise the amount of money available for our programme work. You’ll build working relationships with our employees, consultants, partners, Trustees and even perhaps the odd VIP! The Apprentice Travel Coordinator will work as part of the wider Corporate Services team which includes Premises, the IT Service Desk and HR Operations.
By the end of this apprenticeship you will be able to confidently support the Travel Coordinator in providing a comprehensive travel service to the CEO, Directors and Trustees to include transfer arrangements and liaison with country and area offices to ensure efficient overseas travel itineraries.
This role can be worked remotely from home or in our lovely offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex a few minutes’ walk from the railway station. We offer great benefits including generous holiday and the opportunity to buy more, well-being and fitness discounts and a supportive work environment.
- Working as part of the team, providing a full travel booking service for all staff and other internal customers as required.
- Building strong relationships with our internal customers (Sightsavers staff and partners) and ensuring that their needs are understood and managed
- Building a strong working relationship with our Travel Management Company
- Providing support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Directors and Trustees, ensuring overseas itineraries are efficient by working closely with our overseas offices and suppliers
- Assisting the Travel Coordinator with existing systems and processes
- Improving processes so that our resources are used efficiently
- Other Corporate Services tasks as required.
- 26 days holidays per year, plus Bank Holidays with the opportunity to buy/ sell up to five holiday days per year.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Health and Wellbeing Discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications are welcome from candidates of all backgrounds and ages. To apply please use the link above or for more information contact our training partner, Damar Training, on 0161 480 8171 (Ref ID: 205312)
How to apply
We’re committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Please be aware that fraudulent job adverts do exist. Sightsavers will never ask prospective candidates to send money as part of the interview process. If you do receive email requests of this nature, please contact [email protected]
Sightsavers is committed to promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees
and representatives to share this commitment.